Breakfast Dialogue on the Economic Crisis: Economic Recovery and Sustainable Development with Gender Equality
Event Type: Lecture, Seminar or Panel Discussion
Time: 8:15 AM – 10:00 AM
Location: United Nations, New York – UN Delegates Dining Room 6
This breakfast dialogue is part of a series of events UNIFEM co-sponsored during the UN Conference on the World Financial and Economic Crisis and Its Impact on Development on 24–26 June 2009.
The event was a space for governments, the United Nations and civil society to discuss ways to build inclusive economies that offer equal opportunities for women and men.
RSVP by 24 June to mohammad.abbadi[at]undp.org
[UNDP/UNIFEM joint statement on the crisis]
- Mr. Alberto José Guevara Obregón, Minister of Finance and Public Credit, Government of Nicaragua
- H.E. Gary Quinlan, Permanent Representative of Australia to the United Nations
- H.E. Jarmo Viinanen, Permanent Representative of Finland to the United Nations
- Inés Alberdi, Executive Director, UNIFEM
- Obiageli Ezekwesili, Vice President of the Africa Region,World Bank
- Rania Antonopoulos, Research Scholar, Levy Economics Institute of Bard College
- Gigi Francisco, DAWN/Women’s Working Group on Financing for Development
Sponsored by: Governments of Nicaragua, Finland and Australia, UNDP, UNIFEM